Recreational Gymnastics Coach (part -time) will teach their students how to safely execute beginner, intermediate and/or advanced gymnastics skills. The coach will report to the gym manager and perform the following responsibilities:
● Lead and supervise classes with boys and girls of different age groups and talents.
○ Teach skills and abilities at each apparatus, following the standard gymnastics curriculum.
○ Lead the standard gymnastics warm up on a rotating basis; assist in the warm up when another coach is leading
○ Ensure controlled class management: concentrate on all gymnasts, don’t tolerate disrespectful behavior, practice positive reinforcement.
○ Assess the skills of each gymnast quarterly to determine pre-team readiness, report assessment to gym manager
● Set up a safe gym environment:
○ Adhere to safe practices for all equipment.
○ Ensure correct technique is used while spotting.
○ Review gym and facility safety with new gymnasts.
○ Adapt equipment for age, ability, and size of gymnast.
○ Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
● Plan and come prepared:
○ Carry a positive attitude
○ Come prepared to teach written lesson plans
○ Arrive 15 minutes before class or meeting start times
○ Wear appropriate coaching attire
○ Complete student roll and assessments
● Communicate with gym manager on a weekly basis regarding teaching schedule and gymnast performance. Determine who will sub your class if absent.
● Ensure the gym, including bathrooms, lobby and office space are clean (rotating basis)
● A love of kids (and a lot of patience) and a love of gymnastics!
● Must be certified or willing to be certified with USA gymnastics prior to starting any position at North Stars Gymnastics.
● The ability to lift up to 50 pounds; physical activity involved in spotting and moving equipment: pulling, lifting, crouching, balancing, and climbing
● The ability to personably communicate with parents and staff
● Standard First-Aid Certification, administer first aid if necessary